Monday, October 5, 2009

Harry Ravain Memorial Celebration

On October 25, 2009 from 3pm-7pm there will be a Memorial Celebration for Harry at the new Rock N Bowl. Your donation will be your admission.

I met with Alan Reese and Bob Eichhorn tonight and here is what is on tap for the event. There will be jam sessions led by Alan Resse and his band the New Orleans Quarter Notes.. there will be a reunion performance by The Kingsman (the band Harry joined when he was 14) - they were hoping to have this reunion before Harry left us but that did not happen - so they are reuniting in his honor.

We will have Harry's Fender Stratocaster on site and we will ask all the musicians that play that day to autograph it and then we will auction it off for the Harry's Hats foundation at a later date. I will have more information on the mission of the organization at the event.



Harry & Eddie Fresche the day I gave him the guitar

The Saints game will be on as they play the Miami Dolphins in Miami that day at 3pm. We are having this event so that those who could not attend the funeral have their opportunity to say goodbye.

If you are a musician and would like to participate please contact Alan Reese at 504-289-2167 or email him at noquarternotes@yahoo.com or leave a message at home for me 504-219-1521 or email me at mr2ndline@yahoo.com and I will get your information to Alan.

I also want to thank in advance John Blancher of Rock N Bowl for always being so kind and to Sherman Bernard for always being there for Harry and I. I will post musicians as they agree to perform - so come back often and see what the updates are.

I am also trying to compile a list of all the bands Harry played with during his life. If Harry played with you please send me the band name so that I can recognize them at the event.

Thanks and I hope to see you there,,

1 comment:

Bonnie Fonseca said...

Mona, how nice it was to see my brother, Eddie Freche, in the pic with Harry. They grew up together and I know how much Harry loved Eddie. Eddie is gone almost 15 years and I miss him still today as if it happened yesterday. I hope the reunion goes well. Keep the faith Mona. Love, Bonnie