Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Chemotherapy, Wed August 20th

Hello all,

Harry had his first chemotherapy treatment and other than it being a 4 1/2 hour event - he came through great. No nausea.. and we seem to have also finally found the perfect combination of time and pain reliever to almost entirely relieve his headaches. Dr. Monsour, his radiation oncologist, is also one very smart guy, He said it would take about 2 weeks (10 treatments) for Harry to get relief. Yesterday was that day - WOW what a difference. He is alert, no real shortness of breath, headache almost gone and he is not sleeping all day. If this continues, he just might be able to drive himself to all his own treatments. We were talking a little today and I want all of you to know that he truly feels all the prayers out there for him. And I know how much better he is feeling, so as far as we are concerned GOD is answering all of your prayers - so please don't stop.

Thank You for all your love and support - from the bottom of our hearts..

Mona & Harry

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Mona and Harry,
My name is Jeri Lynne, I am a singer who worked with Butch Rillera and Bim Bam back a few years ago.
I remember Harry rockin' the house, a GREAT player!
I am sad to hear what you are going through, but it sounds like you are in good hands, and that God is watching carefully over you and guiding the skillful doctors toward blessed healing.
I just want to say I will pray for you, and send positive thoughts and prayers your way every day.

Your posts are very insightful....and thank you for taking the time out of your busy and hectic life to let others know how it is going. I'm sure you are helping others with that as well.

With love and peaceful thoughts toward a healthy recovery...
God bless,
Love, Jeri Lynne

Harry Ravain said...

I can't wait to show him your comments - thank you so much for caring and especially your prayers - we cherish them.