Monday, November 24, 2008

Weekend & More

Harry's eating is not a fluke... He has even asked for a steak dinner tonight!. Harry has an appointment with Dr. Black today his medical oncologist. I'll post about what he says later.

Harry is even talking about going to the thrift stores - one of his favorite pastimes. I am hoping that he will start playing the drums at home so he can build up enough energy to play some gigs.


There are sometimes very unintended consequences when this kind of illness strikes, Harry & I are closer than we have ever been. Our family and friends have showed us such love and support. And in the medical community we have been graced with great doctors and caretakers.

I know how lucky Harry and I are to have so many loving and caring people in our lives but I would like to let my sister's and their husbands and my brother and his wife know just how much they have meant to us. You've been constant sources of strength and support for both of us. Karen, Mac, Missy, Raymond, Mike and Michele - I hope you know what you mean - even though I sometimes forget to say thank you. BTW Raymond your tub handle has come in very handy this week as Harry has changed from showers to baths.

To Harry's Cousins - Mike & Joyce and Mike & Jan and their family - Harry is so happy and proud that you are in his life.

To Harry's Mom - Joycelen - I am so happy that the two of you have been re-united.

May God grace all of you with the same gifts he has given us: Harry eating, and family and friends like ours, you are all worth your weight in gold.
Happy Thanksgiving..

Mona

No comments: