Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday, September 14th

Hello all,

Very slow weekend, Harry's stomach was not quite right all weekend. He is beginning to stretch out the pain pills a little - so that is good also... overall slow but good. He has another Chemo treatment tomorrow..

For all of you who know my brother - We made it through another storm. He graciously gave us refuge during Gustav and then Ike visited. He lives in Seabrook, TX. Yes the one you have been seeing on the news. He was under a mandatory evacuation and they all got out. It appears that their home is going to be ok. No Flooding in his neighborhood, lots of wind damage but he has no trees - so that is good. Until he gets back to Texas we do not know for sure what or if he had damage. I will update you more after he gets home on Tuesday.

God has watched over all of us and I am really glad he spared our home for Gustav and their house for Ike, but it's kind of a replay - only the last time it was Katrina and Rita.. my brother and I need to quit tempting Hurricanes.

Love all,

Mona

2 comments:

Bonnie Fonseca said...

Harry and Mona, We just found the blogspot from Bill Murray's blogspot. We wanted you to know that we heard about Harry's health and have been praying for him. I know that you two helped so much when my brother, Eddie, was sick and yall were a rock for Joyce in her time of need as well. I love you Harry, and want you to read in the bible, Jeremiah 29:11. It says, "I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans for good , not disaster, to give you a future and a hope". Hang onto these words from God. It was a help when I thought the world would cave in on me. You two always seem to be a stronghold for friends when it's needed the most. You two really are the true meaning of FRIENDS. We will keep in touch and try calling again. We called last night but got no answer. We love you Harry and will keep praying for you. Will talk soon. Bonnie and Terry Fonseca

Harry Ravain said...

Thank you Bonnie,

I will pass this on to Harry