Thursday, July 23, 2009

Noon Update

Well - we've already had a full day. Harry managed to make it completely through chemotherapy with no nausea - in fact he ate while it was going on. They have given him lots of nausea meds. He also ate a full breakfast and worked extremely well with Physical Therapy - he walked 6-8' and did some leg exercises but got very tired from that and I am sure the chemotherapy. Anyway - while he was doing therapy - I was able to change the bed and clean him up. Jan and Vincent came to visit and gave me a break - thank you and while I was gone he had a chest xray. His blood sugars have been down 100 points today on average which is spectacular and it is looking more promising every hour that we can go home.. We are still waiting to see the Diabetes doc.. but overall a very very good day so far.

If you are not sure - it truly is liberating to turn over to God all that is in front of you and only request that his outcome be the one that happens..

Thanks to all of you for your support & prayers and I will post again later this afternoon..

right now I am going to try to nap - I think they are through with us - except for lunch.

Mona

No comments: